Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dear TV, Get Well Soon...

Sean and I were getting ready to have our friends over last night, so I was dusting our furniture....We weren't watching TV, but it was on so we could listen to music through our playstation. I was standing right by the television when I hear a loud POP! and the screen went blank. ?? We have a projection television and the bulb went out on us! Luckily, we have the warranty from Best Buy, so they are sending us a new bulb. It could take up to a week to get, and we only have the one television.....so here we are, unemployed with no TV for a week. Yeah sure, during the day we'll be looking for work (under rocks, behind trees, all the places we have yet to search...) but at night we have nothing to do. No shows, no movies, NO VIDEO GAMES!! It's a sad time.

We do have a few board games that Sean HATES, so that should cut a couple hours off our boredom. Other than that we can watch DVDs on our computer...yeah, 2 people used to a 55" projection TV huddled around a 17" CRT monitor that makes a squealing noise every once in a while. great. I shouldn't complain, there are starving children all over the world who have never heard of TV, but damnit! We've been numbing our brains with movies to keep our minds off the fact that we aren't working and can't pay the bills and all that other scary stuff that comes with a failing economy. Speaking of failing economy, it really makes me happy to read about the hundreds of dollars some women are paying for shoes right now when I'm having a hard time buying food. Not trying to be a bitch, I'm just sayin'...

The one good thing that's come out of all this is Sean and I are getting along very well. They say couples fight about money more than anything else. Well, I can't think of a worse time for a couple to fight then when they're broke and stressed out. Sean and I have decided that the most important thing is to be there for eachother and we're not a mushy couple by any stretch of the imagination. We are not romantic in any way; well, not in any "normal" ways. These last couple weeks we've been together practically all day every day and I feel like our relationship has grown stronger. It's been a nice side-effect of our bad luck. It helps me feel like there really is hope for the future. I can't wait to be working again, then I can look back at this time as when Sean and I took a break to build our marriage up and everything else fell into place. Fingers Crossed.

Another nice thing is our loved ones are taking care of us... Mr. and Mrs. BFF had us over and fed us a few times. SIL and BIL, who are also both unemployed with a baby on the way have also invited us to dinner. People taking care of people, who would have thought? In a dark time in my life where I feel utterly helpless, I still feel loved and it's good.

No comments: