Sunday, January 11, 2009

I know I said my recent unemployment would mean more blogging, but some news I got last week has made me a little depressed. To add insult to injury, my husband lost his job not a week after I did. So here we are, an unemployed married couple with no savings, no 401k, and no stockpile of food in our pantry or freezer. Our options are pretty limited as far as borrowing money goes.... My dad, a retiree who is barely making it on his own, has offered to float us a loan to help out. I really don't want to take it, knowing how much he probably needs it, but his offer was sincere and I can tell he really wants to help. And boy do we need it. After the holidays we were already a little behind and this...losing our jobs...really didn't help.

I want to be angry and tell our former employers how much they hurt us and what terrible people they are for not giving us some sort of heads up, but hey, it's just business, right? Cold-hearted. I guess it's too much to ask for that personal consideration from your employer. I mean, it's not like we worked for big corporations, we worked for family owned companies. I guess it's true, when it comes right down to it everyone has to take care of themselves. No matter who you may hurt in the process.

Its alright, we'll make it through this together. All it will do to our marriage is make it stronger. Hopefully, in a few months we'll both be settled into great new jobs and making better money and we can look back at this and say "Thank the universe we made it." Anyway I'm trying to pull myself out of this funk and find something good to blog about... it may take a couple days....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang on there...God always has a plan...