Friday, November 14, 2008

All I Wanna Be is a G, HA!

My friends and husband will agree that I think I am a Gangsta. Well, a wannabe Gangsta anyway. I like to act all tough and talk big. I bump rap in my Hyundai Accent Hatchback...(not all the time, but sometimes I'm in the mood) I get teased, but I don't mind. It's all in good fun and besides.... One day, I will be a G. Mark my words. If you saw me in the grocery store or something, you might mistake me for a Mormon. I'm a plain Jane, jeans and t-shirt white girl from Southern California who likes to pretend she's hard. Hey it's all part of my charm. I can whip up a batch of brownies while bustin' out some NWA.

Last night, I was a little down and I confided in my husband that I was worried I was turning soft and I needed to toughen myself up or I'd never make it to Gangsta status.... He probably could tell I was being serious, because he didn't really laugh, he just nodded his head in agreement. SO, this morning I find that my husband added a new ringtone to my phone:

Natural Born Killaz by Ice Cube.

Talk about support from your spouse! I guess I'm not the only one who wants me to be a G. lol

2 comments:

Tanjint said...

I gotta make you some mixes.

I just gave my friend one today called "dank" culling tons of stuff Dr.Dre produced for Death Row circa The Chronic/Doggystyle 1992-1993 era that wasn't either of those two records. It's good stuff. I'm low on blank CDs but I'll let you know when I get more...or let me know if you have a lot.

I talk a little about the Anglo fascination with early 90's gangsta rap in my latest blog.....yep, that's right. Finally updated it. Check it out.

I own the Murder Was the Case soundtrack that Natural Born Killaz was first released on...that's classic shit.


-T

Ginny said...

I love me some rap! I think we all need to let our G out once in a while. I need to invest in a crunk cup.