Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Seasons Change

Here we are, the end of Summer and beginning of Fall. It's bittersweet, really. Time to say goodbye to the people we’ve seen every week for the past few months, and reconnect with the ones who have been missing. That’s right. I’m talking about Prime Time Television. Here’s the rundown from my favorite shows:


Last night was the season finale of Wipeout, a show I didn’t think was that great at first, but still scheduled it on my DVR and watched every single episode. lol The BEST moment in my opinion was when contestant Jim Wakefield told Jill “I’m going to try not to poo in my wetsuit.” That shit was hilarious! Not quite MXC, but amusing nonetheless.


Monday, Weeds ended with Nancy avoiding certain death AGAIN. Shane follows in the family business selling pot to his middle school buddies. Silas finally turns 18 and Andy struggles with loving Nancy. And he gets to see her boobs.


Intervention had a special “After Treatment” show, I don’t know if that means they are wrapping up this season or what… I think they showed a new episode this past week. Chad was by far my favorite, followed by Dillon who ultimately said “Treatment is not for me.” I’ve got to be honest, he seemed like a well put together addict. His mom seemed like a bitch.


The Shield just aired episode 3 of what is supposed to be its “last season.” Yeah. They said that three seasons ago when Glen Close was still the Captain. No matter how bad I think the first couple episodes of the season are, or how terrible their choice in music is, I STILL get sucked in by this show. Why? “I got a listenin’ problem!” (if you know where that’s from I give you props. Lol)



Next Monday, Heroes: Villains begins and I am so excited to see who is good and who is bad. It’s like Xavier vs. Magneto. When this show first started, I was worried that they would take the comic book inspiration too far, but I like what they’ve done. I like that Hiro can bend Space/Time. He’s my favorite. I think it’s cool that some of the original Star Trek cast is part of the show. Congrats to George Takei for marrying his long time partner, Brad Altman. May they live long and prosper.


Also on ABC, Eli Stone comes back for its second season starting October 14th. I read somewhere that Katie Holmes is going to be making an appearance. Whoopee. I actually started watching this show because it used to come on after LOST and my DVR would catch the very beginning of it. Plus I love Johnny Lee Miller. Hackers and Trainspotting are great movies. This show is kind of like Aly McBeal meets Tru Calling.

Coming in 2009, are two reality shows (gasp!) that I’ve come to love. Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not big on reality TV, but apparently there’s a show for everyone.

Hell’s Kitchen is a fantastic show! I resisted watching this the first couple seasons, but I caught the majority of this last one. WHOA… Gordon Ramsey is out of control! But I love it. People always say “Isn’t he a dick?” YES but have you seen some of the douche bags he has to work with? It’s not like he doesn’t compliment the people who do a good job. By the time it got down to the final two, his demeanor had totally changed. My friends have asked me when I’m going to audition… HA! First off, I don’t know how to make Beef Wellington, and second I would be way too scared. I would like to eat at his restaurant, though…

Number two on my Reality shows list is a new show called Groomer Has It on Animal Planet. I started watching this show because of its ridiculous commercials, and it turned out to be more amusing than you can imagine. In the usual RTV fashion, all the contestants share a house and one by one they get eliminated….Drama breaks out over the craziest shit….oh god, it’s funny. Jai Rodriguez from Queer Eye is the host and the panel of judges (I hope they are the same next season) kind of mirror the judges from American Idol. There’s a big Italian guy who can be critical but fair, the mean skinny guy (that I love) who makes everyone sweat, and the lone woman who gives the best compliments and never gets mad, just disappointed. Watch it. It’s great.

I’m not trying to pick up any new shows this season…If it happens, it happens but I’m not going out of my way… I do have other things to do besides watch TV. Like play video games. lol I think I’m getting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed this weekend, and Guitar Hero World Tour comes out October 27th so I have my work cut out for me. ;-)

1 comment:

Chris Grose said...

I could never, ever get into Weeds. Which might sound strange, since I do smoke from time to time (and never as often as I'd like to).

As far as Showtime's Prime Time went, I think that Californication was a way better show. Maybe it's because I think that David Duchovny's character Hank Moody reminds me of myself in nearly every way. Maybe I just wish I was him. Undecided.